Published in journal "Journal of Foreign Legislation and Comparative Law", 2015-2 , pages 312-316.
Resume: The article studies the problem of extremism in Pakistan, its threat and causes. It is noted that many of the reasons have their roots in the recent history of Pakistan and destructive influence of external factors. Particular attention is paid to the analysis of the ethnic and religious composition of the population and internal contradictions. It is underlined that in the 2nd half of the 20th century there has began an intensive resurrection of Islamic law and adoption of acts which introduced the provisions of Sharia. The author analysed the Pakistani legislation on combating extremism. In his article the author widely uses the method of historical analysis and comparative religious research of stated theme. The problem of extremism in the Near East and Central Asia is of great significance for all the world and particularly for our country. At the same time the problem of Islamic extremism still remains inadequately explored. Therefore the author aims to make his own contribution to the research of such a topical problem.
Keywords: extremism, radicalism, Islam, sharia, security, Near East, criminal law, threat, religion, criminal responsibility
1. Artemov V.Yu. prestupleniya kategorii kisas soglasno musul'manskomu ugolovnomu pravu // Zhurnal zarubezhnogo
zakonodatel'stva i sravnitel'nogo pravovedeniya. 2009. ¹ 3. S. 133–136.
2. Artemov V.Yu. Opredelenie nakazaniya (khudud) v musul'manskom ugolovnom prave // Zhurnal zarubezhnogo zakono-
datel'stva i sravnitel'nogo pravovedeniya. 2010. ¹ 5. S. 106–113.
3. Ugolovnoe zakonodatel'stvo zarubezhnykh stran v bor'be s ekstremizmom: sravnitel'no-pravovoe issledovanie /
I.S. Vlasov, N.A. Golovanova, V.Yu. Artemov i dr.; otv. red. I.S. Vlasov. – M.: Institut zakonodatel'stva i sravni-
tel'nogo pravovedeniya pri Pravitel'stve RF, Kontrakt, 2014.
4. Sravnitel'noe pravovedenie: natsional'nye pravovye sistemy. T. 3 Pravovye sistemy stran Azii / pod red.
V. I. Lafitskogo; V.Yu Artemov, N.M. Bevelikova i dr. – M.: Institut zakonodatel'stva i sravnitel'nogo pravo-
vedeniya pri Pravitel'stve RF, Kontrakt, 2013.
5. Extremism in Pakistan started during Soviet-Afghan war: Rehman Malik. URL: http://www.zeenews.india.com/print.
aspx?nid=817106 (data obrashcheniya: 29.03.2015).
6. Pervez Hoodbhoy. The Roots of Extremism in Pakistan. URL: http://www.airra.org/documents/Extremism%20Roots/
pdf (data obrashcheniya: 29.03.2015).
Correct link to this article:
just copy this link to clipboard