Published in journal "Software systems and computational methods", 2014-2 in rubric "Mathematical models and computer simulation experiment", pages 217-227.
Resume: in navigation there are two systems of radio navigation: NAVSTAR or GLONASS. Both systems use same approach – determination of the distance from satellites to the object. Distance measuring is performed by measuring the propagation time of the satellite signal to the object. For that purpose the receiver generates pseudorandom code at the exact same moment, when the satellite transmits the signal. On the receiving of the signal by the receiver, the receiver calculates the propagation time as the difference between time of the pseudorandom code generation and the rime of signal receiving. This rises the need to synchronize clocks of the satellite and the receiver. Due to hardware limitations not all receivers can be synchronized with the satellite’s clock. The method presented in the research is based on the analysis of radio navigation systems, principles of functioning and existing techniques of defining object’s coordinates. The article proposes a new way of determining the coordinates, based on the measuring the time difference of signals arrival from different satellites. Because of this there is no need in strict synchronization of the receiver clock and satellite clock, detecting the moment of signal transition from satellite to receiver and use of corrective systems.
Keywords: GPS, delay, trilateration, coordinate determination, satellite navigation, GLONASS, corrective systems, radio navigation, WAAS, range difference method
1. Tyler Nighswander, Robert Brumley, Brent Ledvina, David Brumley, Jonathan Diamond. GPS software attacks. 2012g.
2. D. Khrustalev GPS-vzglyad iznutri. Komponenty i tekhnologii. ¹6 2001.
3. Peter H. Dana. Global Position System (GPS) Time Dissemination for Real-Time Application. 1997.
4. Raj Jain. Potential Networking Application of Global Position Systems (GPS). Gopal Dommety,
5. Navstar GPS uses equipment introduction. Public release version. 1996.
6. Markov S. Printsipy raboty sistemy GPS i ee ispol’zovanie. Access: http://rix.com.ua/tech/441/404/488/855.html
(date of reference: 01.05.2014).
7. Antonovich K.M. Ispol’zovanie sputnikovykh navigatsionnykh sistem v geodezii. FGUP «Kartgeotsentr», 2006
Correct link to this article:
just copy this link to clipboard