Published in journal "Philosophy and Culture", 2013-12 in rubric "Dasein of the human being", pages 1770-1775.
Resume: The article is devoted to the search for the meaning of life by Semyon Frank and Martin Heidegger. Why did a Russian religious philosopher and German existentialist address the meaning of life at the same time? Is there a relation between a meaning of life of an individual or the meaning of history? Should we say that human views on the meaning of life have been developing historically? What human thought of his being and existence at crucial historical moments? Why philosophers looking for the meaning of life often come to understanding the absurdity of life and what makes human to refuse from social purposes and turn to transcendency? This is the range of questions the author of the present article consider when comparing Martin Heidegger’s approach to Semyon Frank’s philosophy. Dramatic relations between human and his existence and searches for the meaning of life and meaning of history are expressed in Russian classical literature as well. However, in Russian literature searches for the meaning of life never lead to despair or a calling to leave social life and turn to transcendency like in philosophy. Quite on the contrary, Russian writers tempt us to look for a better life.
Keywords: philosophy, meaning, history, existential, being, existence, despair, Christianity, transcendence, spirit, humanism.
1. Ivanov V. I. Rodnoe i vselenskoe. M.: Respublika, 1994. 428 s.
2. Basinskiy P. V. Gor'kiy. M.: Molodaya gvardiya, 2006. 451 s.
3. Gegel' G. Fenomenologiya dukha // Voprosy filosofii. 2009. ¹ 10. S. 140–152.
4. Gor'kiy M. Otshel'nik // Gor'kiy M. Sobr. soch. v 18-ti t. T. 10. M.: Gosudarstvennoe izdatel'stvo
khudozhestvennoy literatury, 1962. S. 62–83.
5. Kuprin A. I. Lenochka // Kuprin A. I. Sobr. soch. v 6-ti t. T. 4. M., 1958. S. 399–412.
6. Khaydegger M. Razgovor na proselochnoy doroge. M.: Vysshaya shkola, 1991. 192 s.
7. Chekhov A. P. Zapisnye knizhki. Kniga 1 // Chekhov A. P. Sobr. soch. v 12-ti t. T. 10. M., 1963. S. 437–527.
8. Chekhov A. P. Rasskaz neizvestnogo cheloveka // Chekhov A. P. Sobr. soch. v 12-ti t. T. 7. M., 1962. S.
Correct link to this article:
just copy this link to clipboard