Published in journal "International relations", 2013-4 in rubric "Peacekeeping operations", pages 510-512.
Resume: The problem of preserving the due level of security in Afghanistan remains topical, and keeps gaining topicality. To a great extent it is related to the intention of the USA and its allies to bring the military forces out of Afghanistan by 2014. There are worries, that after the US leaves Afghanistan, their place shall be occupied by the Taliban, them being the only real force capable of taking political power in the states. No one believes that the “puppet” regime of Hamid Karzai shall be capable of staying in power. If Afghanistan returns to the civil war situation, or yet again becomes controlled by the Taliban, it shall become a “gunpowder keg” for the region, where many states are balancing on the verge of falling apart even in current rather peaceful conditions (such as Kirgizstan and Tajikistan). In fact, many regional players are getting ready to the possible chaos in the region and the maneuvers within the frameworks of the OSCE and the SCO.
Keywords: political science, ISAF, the USA, the Canada, Afghanistan, national security, foreign policy, international relations, conflict, national interests.
1. Vasil'ev A.M. P.S. Bol' Afganistana. // Aziya i Afrika segodnya. — 2010. — ¹2. — S. 44-46.
2. Afganistan i bezopasnost' Tsentral'noy Azii. Vyp. 3 / pod red. A.A. Knyazeva. — Bishkek, Dushanbe, 2006. — 330 s.
3. V. Kashin. Problema vyvoda voysk iz Afganistana sokhranyaet aktual'nost' // URL: http://www.ru.journal-neo.com
4. URL: http://www.thecanadianpress.com/
5. URL: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/troops-ready-eager-for-new-overseas-missions-natynczyk-1.869823
6. URL: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/army-struggling-to-retain-intelligence-capabilities-documents-reveal-1.1081494
7. URL: http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/11/18/afghanistan-will-descend-into-chaos-and-civil-war-unless-theinternational-
Correct link to this article:
just copy this link to clipboard