Published in journal "Journal of Foreign Legislation and Comparative Law", 2012-1 , pages 50-57.
Resume: The article covers political and legal issues in the sphere of environmental protection according to the process of developing and applying nanotechnologies in Russian Federation and United States of America; lists the main criteria of nanosafety, which have been suggested by international nano–community and reveals legal, socio–economic and organizational problems in the mentioned fields in Russian Federation and USA.
Keywords: environmental legislation; enenvironmental safety; nanonechnology; nanoproducts; nanorisks; United States of America; National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI); Nanotechnology Environment and Health Implications (NEHI); Environmental Protection Agency (EPA); Nanotechnology White Paper; Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA); Nanomaterial stewardship program; Rosnanotech.
1. Osnovy politiki RF v oblasti razvitiya nauki i tekhnologiy na period do 2010 g. i dal'neyshuyu perspekti-
vu, utverzhdennye Ukazom Prezidenta RF ot 30 marta 2002 g.
2. Bosso J. Christopher. Governing Uncertainty: Environmental Regulation in the Age of Nanotechnology. RFF Press
(15 Feb 2010). p. 132.
3. Belokrylova E. The Legal Problems of Nanotechnology Environmental Safety Provision in the Russian Federation:
The Foreign Country’s Experience // Nanotechnology Law&Business. 2011. Vol. 8. Issue 3. P. 89.
4. Monastersky R. The Dark Side of Small: As Nanotechnology Takes Off, Researchers Scramble to Assess its Risks.
The Chronicle of Higher Educ. (Sept. 10, 2004).
5. Research Strategies for Safety Evaluation of Nanomaterials. Part I: Evaluating the Human Health Implications of
Exposure to Nanoscale Materials. Toxicol Sci. 2005. ¹7/8. P. 317.
6. Monica C. John. Nanotechnology Law. Thomson West (June 2, 2010). P. 403–560.
7. Hodge, Graeme, Bowman, Diana and Karinne Ludlow. New global frontiers in regulation: the age of nanotechnology.
Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd. 2007. P. 320–323.
8. Belokrylova E. Osobennosti formirovaniya gosudarstvennoy politiki Rossiyskoy Federatsii v sfere pra-
vovogo obespecheniya ekologicheskoy bezopasnosti pri razrabotke i primenenii nanotekhnologiy // Pravo i
politika. ¹12. 2009. 10 s.
Correct link to this article:
just copy this link to clipboard